I’ve worked with a lot of
computers, built my own, work in IT (15+years), and this is a great computer and value as you should already see from the specs.
REAL WORLD SETUP/USE
1. Have two monitors hooked up with the VGA (1280 x 1024) and HDMI (1440 x 900) connections. Works great.
2. No adware or a long process for setup. Turn it on and answer some basic Windows setup questions and it’s done.
3. Wireless works great. Found all the Network Attached Storage devices and I was able to stream a Blu-ray film along with Stephen Colbert on Youtube at the same time. No issues and also had another web browser with 2 tabs open, and MS word running as well.
4. Remote Desktop/wireless sessions also work great so far.
5. New installs with Office Enterprise, iTunes, etc. Like that the hard drive is 7200 RPM and is 1TB.
I was going to build a new box for a family member but decided to go this route instead as the processor can be upgraded and is the latest 7th gen, has 8G of ram already and can also be upgraded, 1TB of hard drive space, and also has built in wireless and bluetooth – which was important as the room it is in is not cabled up at this point (but nice to know it supports Gigabit when able for wired connections).
When I compare it to one of my /custom builds setups (5 monitors, un-clocked core i7, SSD, separate graphics card, 16G ram) and what I do on it —- for someone who doesn’t need 4-8 monitors, doesn’t do heavy software development/compiling, heavy video editing, or heavy gaming – but still needs a decent amount of power to do things – this Acer Desktop can’t be beat from an off the shelf perspective – and like other things that I think are a great value – I’ll be recommending this deal on to my friends who might be looking for a new computer for the type of use above.
I’ve had this running for a little over 2 months now. No issues and they love this computer.
See larger image
Share this Article on FaceBook, Twitter, eMail, and on Other SOCIAL SHARING Websites. - Thank You Very Much! Share this Valuable Article with others. - Sharing is Caring !